Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 16 August 2010

A Last Sunny Day.

A lovely sunny day today. But the forecast for the rest of the week is dire, this usually happens when friends and family come to stay in the summer. We made the most of the good weather with a barbecue, Romas and Vicky who had been incommunicado since being at the Bloodstock music festival, arrived just as we were serving up.

Alex was most impressed with the numbers of butterflies and dragonflies in the garden. We ended the day with a 7 handed game of scrabble which was not the most lively event due to the length of time take by most of the players.
I'm not sure how the diet will go this week but I shall have to try my best. I'm especially pleased that my weight is now less than where I was when I was 16 and I certainly wasn't overweight then. It's just distributed slightly differently now.

2 comments:

Catching the Magic said...

Beautiful evening for a BBQ in your lovely garden. The scrabble sounds like fun and congrats on the diet! You sure have been mighty busy in your garden this summer and it looks magical.

Finger's crossed the weather forecast changes for you x

happyone said...

Your garden looks beautiful!
Wow, 50 pounds. Congratulations!
You'll have to show us before and after photos!