Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 18 August 2010

Sun And Rain.

The house is filling up. Vytas and Kate B arrived late last night, plus 2 guinea pigs.

It's been another mixed weather day, hot sun one moment,
and pouring rain the next. Everybody is out and about doing their own thing once more. Romas & Vicky have driven down to Seaton to their uni friend's home for a party and won't return until tomorrow, Peter has gone for a swim and gym session, Sam, Vytas & Kate B are down at the beach for more fun in the surf and Kate E & Alex are in the kitchen writing and drawing on their lap tops (& tablet).

I've been mainly ........ cooking and clearing up. The breadmaker is proving invaluable. Last night my hungry boys devoured all the bread I had thought would do for breakfast so I needed to make another loaf. I worried that if I left the fresh bread in the breadmaker overnight it would go all soggy so I took the breadmaker up to our bedroom so that I could leap out of bed at 2.00 and take out the fresh loaf of bread. I won't get caught out like that again.

Blogging interlude over, I'll now head back to the kitchen to make a ratatouille to go with tonight's supper. I'm not baking a second chocolate chunk cake today so it will have to be melon and an apple pie from the freezer for dessert.

2 comments:

happyone said...

You called dessert, dessert. I like the British word afters better! :-)
Is that passe now?

Ruta M. said...

Had a quick conflab with my friends, dessert would be the 'proper' word which you would use in a restaurant, at home or when talking to children we would be more likely to say 'pudding' while the older generation would say 'sweet' and we think that 'afters' is more from the North of England.