Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 15 August 2010

Too Many Flies.

Very cold this morning but not a cloud in the sky. It got hazy later then cleared again with a strong breeze. I simply had to start the day with some garden work in the sun, there is always weeding to be done. Then it was back indoors for a final sort through of the conservatory. One of the disadvantages of getting rid of all those cobwebs is that there is no natural fly control. I left the outside door open for less than half an hour and then had to chase 30 assorted flies/bugs around the ceiling with the hoover nozzle. Then I got worried that all the flies would be buzzing around inside the hoover emerging when I wasn't looking so I emptied the hoover bag (it's a vax for which I have a cloth reusable bag.) Plenty of butterflies again, here a couple of small tortoiseshell butterflies are sharing some buddleia with a rather tatty peacock butterfly. While I was out in the garden early this morning I had a chat with my neighbours' boy. He has a new 'toy', a full sized old fashioned push mower. He had dragged it halfway up the hill to show me. One of his 6 new call ducks is floating dead in the middle of the lake. That's a bit of a mystery. I hope it wasn't disease.
Main group of guests are arriving tomorrow so I'll stop with the cleaning and get into cooking mode. Tonight I'm experimenting with the bread maker, I've added sugar, butter, sultanas and spices to hopefully make a fruit loaf.

No comments: