Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 4 August 2010

More Rain And Tidying.

We woke this morning to heavy rain. Cue more indoor work. The piles for the dump and the charity shop are getting bigger and the rooms are getting tidier and emptier. Linas' room, so beautifully tidy has now been transformed into my sewing room. The big office desk is just perfect for my sewing machine. I do enjoy sewing by hand but some things are better on the machine. I turned up a pair of light curtains to fit the frame wardrobe that I made yesterday and I've got a couple of other projects on the go.
Sedum Strawberries/ Raspberries and Cream.
Later in the afternoon the weather changed dramatically with lots of sun and strong warm winds. It felt like being at the seaside as I sat up in the scree garden with a cushion cover to stitch back on. (When I make my own cushion covers I always make them with a flap like a pillow case so that the cushion can just be slipped in and out.) I also did a bit of reading in the sun before coming back indoors to yet more tidying. I made a short video this afternoon to show the scree garden which has to be my favourite part of the garden.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I please request pictures of this room-transformation Auntie Ruta? :D

Ruta M. said...

It's pretty boring and you will be seeing it soon. Looking forward to seeing you all.

happyone said...

What a beautiful place to live. I love your garden and I also love to listen to your accent!