Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 13 August 2010

Not A Diet Day.

No luck with the Perseids last night, I went out at 11.30 and saw lots of clouds rushing across the sky but the high cloud blocked out any views. I even looked out of the window in the early hours of the morning but it was no better. I'll have to wait until next year. More conservatory cleaning this morning and then I popped into town to meet up with a friend. It was the perfect excuse to try out a patisserie type place that I've had my eye on for a while. Diet forgotten we maxed out on cappuccinos and Bailey's cheesecake with maltesers in, mmm. Later I was tempted by the ringing of a handbell announcing that all the pasties at Pasty Prezzo were £1. I gave in and bought 2 standard Cornish pasties (steak and veg) for our supper but resisted the offer of 6 pasties for £5. The pasty was very tasty but the pastry is sitting a bit heavily in my stomach which is unused to any fat so I've balanced it with a mug of mint tea. Grass and stones by the scree garden.
I'm not sure why this multicoloured cow is sitting over Banbury's door but it did look fun. I went into a few shops to try on more clothes and ended up buying 4! long vests. Once I find a shape I like I buy several colours especially when they are in sale (today - black, white, light khaki & a peachy orange).

A typical side street leading off the High Street. Long ago the High Street had a street market down the length of it with 40 household pigs rootling around in the refuse. When disease hit the town (typhoid I think), a representative of the king came to assess the situation with the result being that a warren of tiny lanes was demolished to make way for the indoor Pannier market we have today.
PS An update on the bread maker. Even with value flour and old yeast the bread turned out well. Peter said it tasted like the bread I normally bake but the texture was much better. Tescos do cheap strong flour so I've bought a few bags of that for my next efforts.

No comments: