Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 7 June 2012

Amber Alert.

This morning's weather report put out an amber weather warning for the South-West. The heavy rain and storm force winds have been causing chaos throughout the region but didn't arrive here until late afternoon and are set to continue until tomorrow morning. We had a dry spell in the middle of the day so I was able to get outside to continue with my weeding and even spend some time reading. Each time it began to rain I retired to the shelter of the covered area by the scree garden. But I did get one complete flower bed done which made me feel a lot better. It had really been irritating to see those weeds each time I walked up the drive. In the afternoon Peter went into town to get some new tyres for my micra as both the front tyres had worn down to illegal limits. By the time he got home the heavy rain had set in and I resigned myself to finding things to do indoors.

No comments: