Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 14 June 2012

Bedtimes.

This morning the weather forecast was for heavy rain surrounded by showers, odd terminology that. Fortunately the rain didn't start until the afternoon and it has been gentle rain which you can almost ignore. Surprisingly many of the children had arrived to school (walking), without any coats even though we still take them out to play so long as it is not pouring with rain.I had a quiet day in school with half the class doing their maths SATs in the morning. In the afternoon we were talking about their bedtime routines. Maybe I am old fashioned but I was saddened to discover how many (50%) of the class of 6 & 7 year olds are carried up to bed mainly because they are allowed to stay up until they fall asleep on the sofa. About 25% said they still sleep in their parents' bed, if that is correct I'm shocked though maybe that is more wishful thinking on their part. My boys were such fidgets with sharp elbows and knees that staying in our bed was never an option unless they were ill and that was very rare.

No comments: