Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 10 June 2012

Last Day Of The Holiday.



The rain has been falling gently all day. Sometimes slightly heavier but always too much to consider gardening. I cleared the kitchen whiteboard and wrote up everything we will be doing over the next few months. Mainly it's regattas that Peter will be rowing in. Apart from one visit from our friends there is little that I will especially look forward to so I shan't be disappointed if events are rained off as so often happens. Linas made a start on filling the cracks in the pink bedroom walls as that is the next room I hope to redecorate.
Yesterday while it was nice and bright while weeding I counted 11 varieties of hardy geranium already in bloom with a few more yet to come. This large flowered one, Mrs K Clarke, is still my favourite with its pretty Wedgewood blue colours.

I cannot resist true blue flowers so this little speedwell while technically a weed is allowed to mingle with the snow-in-summer.


Starting to feel a little stir crazy I took myself off for a walk up the hill in the rain. It was very peaceful with just the sound of the rain pattering on leaves and a skylark trilling away high above me. I have felt a little disappointed with this half-term holiday as I don't feel I got very much done and the weather was grim but then I have been able to catch up on my sleep. The last few weeks of working almost full-time were tiring but they will pay for the car's MOT and tax which are due this month.

1 comment:

happyone said...

A gentle rain is nice.