Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 5 June 2012

More Rain.

It has been raining heavily for most of the day. My mind tends to close down and I seem unable to think of doing anything when it is like this. That's ridiculous of course as there is plenty to do indoors so today I managed to organise myself to get on with cleaning and ironing.

I drove Peter back into town for another stint as barman at the Beer Festival and this time I popped into a few shops as well. The High Street was teeming with people who had nothing else to do on their extended Bank holiday but go shopping. I took the faulty camping cooker back to the store and got my money back. I had already checked with an acquaintance who is the local trading standards officer and I didn't have any right to claim for extra compensation because we hadn't suffered any harm only inconvenience. I still think that having flames around the top of the gas canister was quite serious. Next time we go camping I'll spend a bit more on a better quality cooker.

No comments: