Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 30 June 2012

School Summer Fayre.

Another cold summer's day. It stayed dry for our school Summer Fayre but rained later on. As I had volunteered to help (like all the staff) I was assigned to serve at the bar for an hour. I kept having to go and make new jugs of Pimms to keep up with demand. I turn down the chance to spend 10 mins in the stocks having wet sponges thrown at me as I wasn't sure that it would be good for my back. (And that's my excuse.) The Fayre was well attended and it is nice to see how much ex-pupils have grown, both in stature and in confidence.
Peter drove Linas down to Plymouth this morning to collect the last of his belongings. Right now they are making sweet and sour pork balls in Linas' deep fat fryer. I'm not a fan of too much fried food and actually got rid of the deep fat fryer that was built into our kitchen when we first moved in.
First thing this morning I got on with my decorating and painting woodwork with sparkling white gloss paint. Then there was just time for more weeding before heading into town.

The garden is looking quite colourful at the moment with the roses coming into their best. I look forward to spending some relaxing days in the sun (I can dream can't I?)

1 comment:

happyone said...

Cool for you and we are having record breaking heat.
Beautiful rose.