Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 28 June 2012

Monsoon Again.

Strong winds have been blowing up hot air giving us torrential rain with interludes of blistering sun. The afternoon was much drier but before collecting Linas from the train station (he had been back to Plymouth so his landlady could do an inventory), I got on with preparing a bedroom for redecorating because time is running out. I also need to work in the garden as I definitely will not be doing any bending for a few weeks after my op so I want to clear all the weeds. I spent a pleasant evening pulling up all the small weeds that were trying to grow between the paving slabs. After 20 years the slabs need repointing but that job will have to wait for another year.
The roses are at their best right now. I can't decide if I prefer the opulence of the fully opened blooms or the sculptural shapes of the half open buds. The scent of these old english roses is absolutely gorgeous.



A more modern scrambling rose, New Dawn which does not have such a strong scent.


The darters were busy flitting about the pond. The blue ones look like travelling neon lights but they were too flighty today for me to get a picture.


No comments: