Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 6 June 2012

A Garden Day.

Apart from a few sudden showers that drove me indoors this morning I have been able to spend most of my day in the garden. Everything is growing well including the weeds so I'm hoping to get round the whole garden this week. I was hoping to start a project or 2 this holiday but as always my plans would need holidays twice as long so I shall stick to essential maintenance. Right now it is hard to know where to weed first. I start in one spot then my eye and hand strays to an adjacent area, never mind I'm sure I will have it done by the end of the week.
The azaleas don't last very long but they do provide a bright splash of colour along the drive. The yellow one is already over, the other yellow bush which is next to it has a lot of leafy growth but hardly any flowers.


Every time I go up the stairs I have to stop and watch the many small birds which visit the bird feeders hanging over the stream. It took them a long time to get used to this ball seed feeder but now the sparrow is a constant visitor and the little coal? tit is small enough to sit inside the globe. The blue tits and chaffinches prefer the peanuts while the robins and blackbirds wait for scraps that have fallen to the ground though I don't put any food on the ground because of my evil cats.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I weed the same way as you...begin here go there back again and around and around. Can't say I ever get it all done in one week but I do try. Love the bird feeder.