Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 21 June 2012

Rain.

The rain set in during the morning and has been pouring down ever since. Our sports' day would have been a real wash out. We had another lovely morning at school doing more art based on London's buildings. Today the children created a London skyline cutting buildings out of black paper and sticking them on to a 'sky' background and then added details with pens. Because it was an activity that I wanted them to complete in 1 morning they didn't use watercolours to create their sky but instead they had a selection of grey/blue/cream paper which they then shaded with pastels. The finished results looked really good and the children were justifiably proud of their work. When I started getting ready for the lesson I had a problem finding any black paper as our Headteacher has banned sugar paper and we are not allowed to order any. I agree that it isn't right for mounting work but for collage and tearing work there is nothing better. Instead we have some nicer coloured paper but the weight and surface are totally different. The only black we have is some card and rolls of nasty slightly textured plasticy backing paper which I avoid like the plague. This morning I was going to have to compromise by using black card which is harder for the children to cut but then I realised that the pages of the scrap books we have to stick the children's topic work into are black sugar paper ........... so now we have a couple less scrap books. I left work at lunch time but the last few days have left me so tired I have done nothing but yawn this afternoon. Even the flapjacks were baked by Linas under my instruction. That's me training him to be an all round cook.

1 comment:

happyone said...

We could use some rain here. Very hot again.