Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 13 June 2012

MOT Passed.

Despite the weather warnings for heavy rain it has been warm and muggy all day. The rain which has finally arrived didn't start until I was about to head out for an early evening walk up the hill. I have been teaching all day. Because the Year 2 children will be spending the next 2 days doing maths and literacy SATs tests I planned a fun drama day for today. The children chose simple picture books which they then turned into plays. It was a good exercise in working together even if the end results were a little dire.
My little car went in for its annual MOT test today and didn't have to have too much work done, only some bulbs, new number plate and windscreen wipers etc. I did have to have the handbrake adjusted because I sometimes might possibly have been guilty of driving with it on and the wheels needed balancing after all that bumping up and down our drive. I was feeling quite happy that I didn't have too big a bill to pay but then I got phone call from Linas saying that there have been some slip ups with his benefits and back to work bonus and he is penniless again. Bank of mum will have to step in once more.

No comments: