Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 8 June 2012

Windy Day.

The storm blew all night long and into the day. Peter went off in the morning to drive down to Plymouth to collect Linas and the bulk of his belongings now that he is moving back home, for the time being at least. The rain eased off by the afternoon so I wrapped up well and went out to work in the garden. Leaves and small branches were strewn across the garden with azalea blooms and rose petals making it look as if it were the aftermath of an exotic festival. I found it quite exhilarating listening to the roar of the wind in the trees as I scrambled about on the hillside pulling out weeds.
Linas told us this morning that he would be coming home for a few days so I baked a chocolate chunk cake before an unexplained dizziness caused me to take things easy. Nothing to worry about, I do get dizzy sometimes, it is probably my ears/sinuses. Peter and Linas arrived back safely and the dizziness is now wearing off.

And now another grumble, sorry but I think this is justified. We had been looking forward to going to the Lynmouth music Festival this weekend. We had even reconciled ourselves to the fact that unlike previous years when it was free it was now going to cost us £25 to go for one day. With the weather being so dreadful we waited until this evening to buy the tickets online only to find that ....... tickets are unavailable! While I was firing off a complaint to the organisers Peter was also checking out the festival website and found out that you are not allowed to bring any drinks onto the site, not just alcohol but soft drinks as well. I bet that also includes flasks of tea and coffee. How totally money grubbing yet the website is all about the inclusive ethos of the festival. Only inclusive for people with money to spare.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

That sounds for familiar to me. We often consider an event only to learn the cost of admission is too great or the prohibition of even your own water makes the event a "don't go for us".

Ruta M. said...

I have been emailing the organisers of the festival who tell me this was a condition of their license, Hmm - even children's drinks were banned but free tap water would be available. It is a legal requirement that free tap water is available at venues, bars, restaurants etc. I think this was initially because of young people at raves becoming ill through dehydration. I don't drink as a rule so I always ask for tap water in restaurants.