Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 11 June 2012

Full Of Energy.

I was full of energy this morning and got so much done before I had to leave for work at lunchtime. I think it was a combination of being energised by the bright sunshine, catching up on sleep last week and Peter having to get up early for work so that I had my reviving cup of tea before 6.30. I was then able to put my head down for another half an hour before leaping out of bed at 7.20. Even before going downstairs I had tidied our bedroom, wiped down all the surfaces and cleaned the windows and mirrors. The kitchen jobs were done by 8.30 when I sat down to have my breakfast. A couple of hours of gardening and then it was time to get ready for work. Linas came into town with me to catch the train back to Plymouth. As the afternoon was so nice I took my class onto the field for some sports and then we sat round the big table in the Secret Garden while I read them a story. After school we had a staff meeting, there are so many things to fit into this last half-term including 2 alternative dates for the sports day, a trip to the beach, open afternoons and parents' evenings. I rushed home to record the England v France football match for Peter only to find later that he had heard the result, a draw, and didn't want to watch it anyway. Continuing with my new energised self I prepared a saucepan of vegetable soup and put a batch of flap jacks in the oven. Then I went for a walk up the hill to enjoy the evening sun. As I got up the hill I could hear a tractor in the top field. I approached cautiously because I didn't want to run the gauntlet of the muck spreader which liberally applies muck to the road as well but luckily it was only spreading dry fertiliser granules. However I didn't escape unscathed because as I made my way back down the hill past the tractor which was now in the lower field my legs were stung by the granules even though the tractor was about a third of the way across the field. Back home I worked on a little project for a friend's birthday present. We have agreed that now the 'children' are all grown up we shan't be giving out proper presents for birthdays and Christmas but I think that very small home-made tokens or produce might sometimes be appropriate.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Wow you certainly got a lot done in one day!!