Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 4 June 2012

Beer Festival.

Yesterday's rain refreshed the garden and softened the soil making weeding a lot easier today. Although there were some dark clouds at times the day stayed dry as promised. Unfortunately the same weather forecast was for showers to return for the rest of the week.
There were some big branches blown down in the field and in our garden a smaller branch had come down from the purple beech tree.
I drove Peter into town in the afternoon for the beer festival. He enjoys the general bonhomie of serving behind the bar and of course the willing volunteer 'bar staff' may sample the wares free of charge. They are expected to use some restraint but last year a couple of lads had to be sent home after an hour of their shift after imbibing a little too freely. I popped in to say hello to people when I went to collect Peter 4 hours later but it really isn't my thing.
Driving through the countryside there were signs of community events around the place, bunting stretched across a road in town and banners tied to hedges and gates advertising a vintage car rally in one village and horse agility trials in another. As I turned into the back road on my way home I caught sight of an adult and youngster riding across a field in full show clothing. With the late afternoon sun it all felt very bucolic.

Members of the Gig Club in the foreground.
I don't feel I have done very much today apart from a little weeding and baking flapjacks for Peter. I start to feel twitchy if my day has not been productive. Ah, I did do some cleaning and I'm trying to get to grips with the music from The Piano. I tackled the part with the melody first but now I've gone back to the introduction. The notes themselves are not hard, its the different timing for each hand that takes concentration. The notes are in sets of 6, with the right hand the emphasis is on the 1st and 4th note of each set of 6 while in the left hand it is on the 3rd note. If I keep on plodding away I'll get there eventually.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I know what you mean. I always feel good after a good days work. I got lots of cleaning done today. : )