Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 9 February 2014

A Tiny Bit of Snow.

It was still wild and windy this morning so we were thinking about a walk on the beach. Then the sky turned grey and the window ledge was covered with hailstones. 'Perhaps no walk today', I said and by the time the sky had cleared Peter was already doing his exercises and it was too late to change our plans. The weather couldn't make up its mind today. Short spells of sun between rain, hail and the occasional bit of snow. 
With the forecast warning of ice tomorrow morning I took the Pug up the hill and left it at the top. I'm working all day tomorrow so Peter can give me a lift up the hill in the Rav when he goes to work. 
There was an icy wind but it was refreshing to walk down the hill in the sun.  
I spent the rest of the afternoon working outside until a hail shower stopped play. At last the scree garden is done for now though I've left the moss and leaves where they provide a bit of protection for the new shoots that are already appearing.
On the stone wall the red saxifrage flowers are already starting to open.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

We in Michigan are covered with deep snow, cold wind and today sun to cheer us. Your green is a sight for my sore eyes. Thanks.

happyone said...

Snowing like crazy here again today.

Thanks for the Scone information. Living in Scotland is probably why I say scone- stone.