Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Lovely Evening.

Another day of sun and showers. As I was working in the afternoon I had some time to work outside in the morning, well sort of outside. I went up and scrubbed the cobwebs and algae from the beams and the ceiling of the shelter up by the scree garden. I was standing on my ladder when my hat caught on a nail sticking out of a rafter. I tried to catch it but no, down it fell straight into my bucket of water. Luckily the job was nearly done and I finished off without any of the mucky water +bleach dripping on my head. A normal school afternoon down in Reception followed a lunchtime staff meeting (which I had been told we weren't having any more) and then a long staff meeting after school to talk about how we are teaching literacy. 
Even though it was after 5.00 when I left school it was still light as I drove home.  
There was time to repair the dam on the road and add extra gravel dug out of the drainage ditch in the field. If we actually owned the road we would put in a rubber speed hump to act as a dam but the only ones I have found have to be bolted into the road surface and I think that Paul might take exception to us making holes in his road.  My makeshift dam does the job and is easy to repair, unlike the massive ruts we used too get in the drive when the water flowed straight down.

No comments: