Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 1 February 2014

Windy.

It's been a wild and stormy day. The rain keeps lashing down and the trees are swaying in the wind. There was one burst of sun in the afternoon and the showers got a bit less frequent. Eventually I wrapped up well and went out for a weeding session. In case it rained heavily I took up a book and my reading glasses so that I could wait out the rain under the shelter. As it turned out I only took one reading break because by the time the next lot of heavy rain started the light was failing. And my toes were feeling a little cold. As I then went and did my afternoon stint of 'the plank' which requires bare feet my toes are only now beginning to warm up in my beloved sheepskin slippers.
Peter has decided to try and reload Windows XP before paying out for Windows 7 so I have been instructed to copy all my documents on to my external hard drive. The instruction 'and anything else you want to keep' is too vague for me as I have no idea what most of the other stuff is. Being in the sitting room my pc has been used by the whole family despite everyone else having their own pcs in their rooms.
I've had lots of Vytas' and Sally's photos to look at on FB which has cheered me up even if I can't use Skype for the moment.
 Bako National Park, Borneo.

This is my haul of cheap and cheerful earrings from yesterday. I'm going to customise the 2 shorter pairs making them longer and maybe adding a few more elements.

No comments: