Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 17 February 2014

Sunny Sunday, Wet Monday.

Yesterday (Sunday)
It was a lovely sunny day so when Peter returned from his early morning row we went off to the beach. It seemed that everyone in North Devon had the same idea. The place was simply teeming. Not only was it the first good day after weeks of storms it is also the beginning of the school half-term holiday. I was glad Peter was driving as he had to squeeze into the tiniest parking space. 
We strolled around on Barricane Beach enjoying the warmth !! of the sun and the sea air. 
I walked into the waves to take a photo of this starfish, not often seen on these beaches, and ended up with water over the top of one of my wellies. The rest of the day was a little disappointing. I couldn't shake a sinus headache and I didn't get much done. The shed roof is a little trickier than I thought and I got to the point where I wondered if it would be better to pay the £50 excess and claim on the insurance. But then they would only bump up the premium next year. I got one screw undone but then after that all the other screws have been burred (over enthusiastic use of the electric drill when the roof was repaired) and they simply won't undo. I have to break each screw by bending it back and forth. As none of the plastic is salvageable I resorted to smashing it away from the beam to make it easier to get to the screws. There are 3 beams, one is off and another is almost off so if I keep at it I'll get the job done. 

Today started with drizzle which got heavier as the day went on. I opened the front door to hear an incredible racket - hundreds or even thousands of starlings filled all the trees around the house. it was just like ......
 "The Birds". 
Unlike the film it took only one clap of the hands to send them on their way. I don't feel I have done much again today but I did fix the curtain rail back on the wall in our bedroom and made a good start on my school planning for next half-term. The only time I went outside was to drive the rubbish and the re-cycling up to the road for tomorrow's collection. Another 3 half sacks of plaster from the outbuildings went up in the general rubbish. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Wow that was a lot of people on the beach. : )