Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 27 February 2014

Too Much Shopping.

It's been a busy day. Peter had taken today and tomorrow off so we didn't have to wake up so early which was good. He's taken the time off to deal with some of the things that need urgent work. Apart from the recent loss of the shed roof the pump that brings water up from the bore hole has stopped working (luckily we still get water but slowly), the air pump for the septic tank has also stopped working and we lost our terrestrial TV signal. So which gets done first? The TV of course. A man came and connected the kitchen TV to a second satellite dish (where the original one was under Romas' window). I wasn't that thrilled when I came home to find that Peter had chosen a black rather than a white cable to run across a white window sill and wall. We have got someone coming to fix/replace the bore hole pump tomorrow morning and the air pump is in hand. 
I left the house early today so that I could walk into town and stock up on seeds at the health food shop and also buy a pair of black leggings. It's hard to find proper thick ones rather than the almost see-through ones that the youngsters wear with shorts so when a friend at work told me where she had bought hers I went there to get some for myself. 
I had a good afternoon with one of the Year 2 classes. They did the final part of our kings and queens work and once again it was interesting to see what they had remembered from our earlier lessons. A good thing for me that the main focus of the lesson was writing a (spider) web chart as some of them were very vague while others remembered all sorts of things such as Queen Victoria was home schooled though I don't think she was married 6 times!
After the usual sticking in of work at school I then drove to the other side of town to shop at Lidl's, Tesco' s and B&Q. That's too much shopping for one day and I drove past the entrance to B&Q and had to turn around to go back to buy some paint that I need for tomorrow.
I didn't get around to taking any photos today so here are some from Peter's regatta last Sunday.



No comments: