Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Cold.

Although the day started out wet and grey  the cloud soon disappeared and it was bright and sunny. I don't enjoy too much heat and constant blue skies would soon be boring but living under grey skies is so depressing.
The sun was only shining down by the house but it gave such a lift to my spirits and everything seemed to be glowing. I got in an hour's outdoor work before it was time to leave. Driving to work I needed my sunglasses but as I came down from the hills I could see a big grey cloud over town. It carried on getting much colder through the afternoon and by the time I left school heavy icy rain was falling. 
I was teaching one of my Year 2 classes this afternoon, they were making a web chart (the main learning objective) of the things they had found out about kings and queens over the last few weeks. Apparently Queen Victoria got her head chopped off and Henry VIII was a king not a queen. But quite a few children had retained more accurate facts. During the afternoon one little girl came up to me and asked for a hug. As I gave her a hug she told me that somebody in her family had just died. It wasn't a relative she knew but it was sudden and obviously her parents have been talking about it. I gave her a hug, we had a little chat and all was fine.
Driving home, when I got my first view of Exmoor as I drove through Shirwell I was surprised to see snow out on the moor. 
The view from the top of the drive.

No comments: