Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 2 February 2014

Hail.

I was fast asleep this morning when Peter went off to row at the crack of dawn. The day started quite cold with rain and hail showers but then it warmed right up in the afternoon.
I climbed up to the chimney to start tidying up to find that some of the paint on the top had started to flake off. I'm not that surprised considering the weather conditions when I painted it but there wasn't a lot of choice. I brushed down the loose paint flakes, gave the whole chimney another coat and then added an old brolly for protection. It hasn't rained since I was up there so hopefully this coat of paint will dry on properly. The scaffolding is coming down in a day or two so that was almost my last chance.

I also tagged the back of the chimney (and I've since dotted the i). I just thought it would be nice to have Linas' name on the property while we are still here. It's been a year and a day since we got that dreadful news. What can I say?  

1 comment:

happyone said...

That year seems to have gone by fast but I guess not for you.
Sorry again for your loss.