Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 24 February 2014

Mixed Weather.

First thing this morning it was bright and sunny which made for a cheerful start to the week. Things had turned grey by the time I got outside but I enjoyed my hour spent clearing moss and leaves from a big clump of iris. All too soon it was time to get ready for work as I had been asked to work today instead of Tuesday this week. The sun was shining once more as I drove to work and at school the children were playing outside without their coats. Around the school grounds daffodils, narcissi and crocuses are welcome heralds of the spring which is not far off now. 
It stayed sunny for most of the afternoon until 5 minutes before hometime. when it started raining heavily. Not much fun for the parents waiting in the playground. Driving home I met Sarah at the top of the road leading 2 children out on ponies. All were rather wet. Sarah told me that Coral the Exmoor pony, is due to foal in the middle of March though as she has a tendency to hang on to her foals for a couple of weeks we might have to wait until April. It will be nice to have a foal around especially as Sarah's ponies are used to people and very friendly.

No comments: