Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 19 February 2014

Wet.

It drizzled all day long and this evening has settled into heavier rain. The forerunner of yet another weather front. While my mood was 'up' yesterday I realised that it would be helpful to write a list of rainy day jobs that I could work my way through on miserable grey days. Even though I did do some of those this morning I could feel myself beginning to slide into that grey hole where I have no energy to do anything while at the same time feel awful because nothing is getting done. So I put on my wet weather gardening gear and went out to tackle the shed roof. Although the screws were tricky to break off it wasn't an impossible task and eventually I got them all done. Then, most importantly I bagged up all the small bits of plastic and stacked the broken sheets ready to go to the dump. I really, really can't bear to see bits of plastic etc lying around on the ground or mixed in with leaves and brambles. It makes me feel ill which is why I have such a problem with my neighbour's dump overlooking the stream.  He's got stuff stacked in front of it on his side but it looks bad during the winter when the trees have no leaves to screen it. Hence my casual tossing of rampant weeds, grasses and anything else that might grow, up onto the side of his dump.
Although it still looks  messy I can see order beginning to return to the shed. I also cleared some of the stuff growing behind the shed, pulling up the last of the brambles and some stinging nettles that are just starting to grow. Some shoots of the Rambling Rector rose needed moving off the hen run fence and back into the trees. So that's another job done.
The winter heathers are starting to flower and brighten up the hillside.. 


No comments: