Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 6 February 2014

Wet.

Not a breath of wind today but it has been raining almost constantly. I suppose this is the calm before the next storm. My morning was spent doing housework and not a lot else. I did transfer some spices from plastic bags into washed spice jars. Peter had bought himself some vital spices from a stall in the market where they sell loose spices by weight. There were fennel seeds and cumin and I hope that Peter remembers what the other 2 are as they didn't have labels on. One is a bigger quantity of dried herb but we've already got basil, parsley, oregano and coriander. (I've got a bit of a cold so I can't tell by smelling it), and the other is tiny black seeds but I don't think they are poppy seeds. Update - he's come home and the seeds are nigella seeds but he can't remember what the herb is.
As it was so wet my Year 2 class worked through playtime, this week they were finding out about Queen Victoria. I did my usual sticking in and marking at the end of the day then dropped in at the Co-Op for some fruit and veg. 
The light was fading when I got home so I played around using the flash.
I even like the effect with no flash. 

No comments: