Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 31 January 2014

Wet.

It seems that the next round of very wet weather has begun. Nothing more than a nuisance for us but bad news for people in areas prone to flooding and even worse news for those people in Somerset who are still surrounded by up to 5ft of flood water especially as more spring tides are due which will push the water back up the rivers.
My problems at the moment are still with the pc. The anti-virus has switched itself off and now I can't upload any photos onto the blog. I so need a rebuild and Windows 7 to be installed.
I've had a day in town in the pouring rain. I met a friend for coffee, cheesecake and a good long chat. Then I had a meander through the shops trying to avoid the puddles as the water slowly soaked into the toe of mu Ugg boot. I bought very little but ended up with 4 pairs of earrings bought in the sales. 3 of them came from a shop where they were reduced to £1 each and then the till put in a 3 for 2 discount so I only paid £2. I have lots of fun earrings to wear to work but every now and again I lose one as I like long dangly earrings. That made up for being charged £10 to have one tyre taken off one of the micra's old wheels and swapped onto the spare wheel on the pug which had a not very good tyre. Peter is not impressed and is talking of going down there tomorrow when he goes down to the gym. He says I should only have been charged £5.

No comments: