Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 16 January 2014

Car Shopping.

As I was teaching all day I played safe and got a lift in with Peter. It did mean waiting until after 5.30 for a lift home but I had plenty to do in school. I've been asked to work all day again tomorrow so I'll grab a lift in with him. Getting home will be a bit harder to organise because Peter is meeting someone in the afternoon and will probably be heading home around 2.00. He'll just have to come back to collect me which isn't ideal but what choice is there?
 At lunchtime I popped out to the garage around the corner to ask them to email me if anything suitable came in and Alec showed me this little Peugeot. (Yes, that's me gurning away for some reason.) It has done 125,000 miles which is putting Peter off a bit. At around £600 (depending on how much work Alec has to do) he thinks it's over priced but on the plus side it comes with a service history and Alec will guarantee it which is a big plus when it's somebody you trust. The colour is a bit wild but that isn't really important.
There was also this Ka which has a much lower mileage but no proper service history and therefore not the same guarantee but Alec did say we could negotiate on the price a little. We are going to have a look at the Peugeot on Saturday morning and Peter can talk about the technical details but Fred's brother also has a garage and has a little Peugeot which might suit though at the moment we have no other details.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmm. What a curious predicament you have there. It all boils down to what you prioritize more, would it be the cost of the car or the service records, which also boils down to monetary value. Hahaha! Anyway, did you guys go with the Peugeot or the sleeker Kia? Thank you for sharing that! Wishing you all the best!

Byron Walters @ Bob Dunn