Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 20 January 2014

Dry.

The day has been a mix of sun and clouds. As I sat at my pc the view outside was looking good but from the kitchen window it looked as if it was going to rain at any moment. As I didn't do any gardening yesterday I was keen to get outside and start. But first there was an hour or so of preparing resources for my Year 2 history lessons. They are researching a different ruler each week so I need to download or bookmark new stuff each week. I take the precaution of emailing it all to myself as well as putting it on to a pen drive because the network at school is so very temperamental. And if it all goes down I've a couple of books as a back up.
I'm making headway with the grand clearing of the scree garden. Providing we don't have any severe weather I should have it all done by half-term (only 4 weeks to go). As I work away I'm serenaded by the birds. My little friend the robin sits close by waiting for worms and flocks of small birds swoop in and then swoop out again. Today I could hear the call of a buzzard high above, an occasional seagull and of course the crows and jackdaws.

1 comment:

happyone said...

What a beautiful picture. It would make a very nice jigsaw puzzle. : )