Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 7 January 2014

Windy.

It stayed dry for most of the day and didn't rain until I was on my way home from work. I'm finding it harder to get up in the mornings than during the holidays, maybe it's because I know my first task is my exercises which I didn't do for the last 12 days. Or perhaps I need fueling by chocolate? It is still fairly mild so I had some time to spend outside before going to work. For a change I didn't work up in the scree garden but instead tidied up all the smashed bricks & concrete which were dumped on the grass when the old chimney was pulled down. Obviously no garden fairy (or man) was going to clear up the mess so I picked up all the smaller pieces and dumped them in a soft part of the parking space, after moving the gravel to one side. Then I had a therapeutic time smashing the rubble with the back of a large axe, sensibly wearing safety glasses. Now the lawn doesn't look as if someone has fly tipped on it.
This term I am teaching history to my Year 2 classes. It's more about developing research skills but we will cover some British monarchs. So no messy 'making' afternoons to clear up. Today they were making web charts to show their knowledge about any real kings or queens and it wasn't a lot. I don't think Queen Victoria would have been amused to hear that she dyed her hair red with wee (Horrible histories!) but she probably did 'wear posh shoes' and I liked 'they used to think they could do what they liked'. Hopefully they will have a few more facts at the end of 6 weeks.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Personally, I would consider fueling with chocolate.....exercises can so draining!!!!