Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 5 January 2014

Stormy Again.

Peter was up and off to row before the sun came up this morning. As I'd had a decent night's sleep I got up at almost the same time and was soon getting on with the housework. After a quick breakfast and skim through Fb I wrapped up and went out to do some gardening. This was partly due to general enthusiasm but also because the forecast was for rain later in the day. Indeed it started to rain as Peter returned from his rowing session.
I couldn't let this stormy weather pass without a visit to the beach to watch the waves. It would have been a bit foolish to go down on Friday but today the wind had lessened and we went down to the beach half-way between low and high tide. Wrapped up well we were protected from the rain but I didn't take too many photos as I didn't want the camera to get wet. Today the waves were about 10ft high but we could see that the waves had been pounding the vegetation a good 10ft above the usual high water line.There were a lot of sand and shells right up on the top of the cliff presumably thrown up by extra strong surge waves or blown by the wind.
Back home we dried off and I got on with preparing school work for next week. I can hear the rain coming down heavily now and the news has announced 80 flood warnings in place at the moment.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Ruta, Thank you for the photos of the sea. The power of nature is truly awesome. We in Michigan are in the midst of snow, snow, and very cold. Best wishes for a healthy, happy and very good New Year to you both.