Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 13 January 2014

Heavy Showers.

Today has mostly been grey with sudden showers and a few glimpses of the sun. I've had a busy day. First job was to shift the last of the heavy concrete blocks that had once been our old chimney. I put them in the stream to help secure the water pipe against the occasional raging torrent. Just as I started to do some weeding so did the rain which sent me under the shelter to bash off some more artex. That's going slowly because it is firmly stuck to the wall and I can't see what I'm doing because the safety goggles keep misting up. At least a bit more got done. My current motto is 'Every job done today is one less job for tomorrow.' That's what I keep saying to myself as I work my way around the garden. I've had several sessions outside and done all the housework with only a duvet cover to iron before I can stop for the day. There's even a loaf of fruit bread in the breadmaker to look forward to later.
It's been so good to see what Vytas and Sally are up to in their travels. I just had to share this picture of Vytas with an orang-utang. They have been trekking in the jungle at Bukit Lawang, Northern Sumatra. 

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Vytas and Sally are certainly experiencing thrills of a life. The pic was fascinating!!! My motto is keep on keeping on, like a circle with no end.