Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 6 January 2014

Windy.

The 12 Days of Christmas are over and during that time I have; relaxed, eaten well, enjoyed the company of friends, stuffed myself with chocolates, spoken with both our boys and generally had a proper break. But now it's time to get on and organised. The chocolates are put away, the jobs list book is open again and I'm back on my diet. I won't weigh myself for a week but my first goal is to lose the Christmas weight. Then another half stone would be good. I'm going to work on toning up so I need to find some more exercises (that don't involve my knees) to add to my routine. I haven't made any big plans as I might be lucky and have my second spinal operation this year. So I need to make sure I get as much garden work done as possible because I won't be able to do anything for a couple of months after the op. And when I'm not outside I hope to continue the de-cluttering and general sorting of our belongings. That's a massive job by itself.
The weather has continued to be stormy, strong winds with frequent showers. I was tempted to jump in the car and go for a nice long walk along the beach but that wouldn't get the gardening done. Instead I continued working on the scree garden. The wind roaring through the trees sounded like waves crashing on the shore and I had the satisfaction of another section of garden cleared. 

No comments: