Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 19 January 2014

Mostly Sunny.

When I went outside this morning it was bright and sunny but the frost remained in the shaded parts of the garden. Our broadband, having reached the heady speed of 0.6Mb on Wednesday and Thursday has dropped down to a sluggish 0.2Mb. This morning the internet kept crashing though I was able to look at my email inbox and FB briefly.
Once we'd had a leisurely breakfast we went down for a walk at Barricane Beach. All the recent storms have changed the look of the beach.
These stones in the middle of the beach are normally covered by the coarse sand made up of shell pieces 0.5 - 1cm. This had all been washed down the beach covering the fine sand towards the water and making the beach much more level.
The tide was coming in but we had time for a walk along the sand watching surfers running out to catch the incoming waves. 
Looking the other way to the south a dark weather front was approaching and we got to the car just as the rain started.
 This jellyfish was washed up on the sand and being me I saw a smiley face in it.
See.

I kept thinking it was going to rain again so I didn't go out and do some gardening which I could have done. Just lazed around doing this and that. Now it's dark and I expect the owl chorus will start up again. Last night, as well as the usual whoo -whooing of the tawny owls I heard the screech of a barn owl though we are more likely to see the barn owls as they glide over the road or sit on the fence posts.

1 comment:

happyone said...

What a nice walk along the beach. Something I'd like to do.
I like the look of all the rocks on the beach.