Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Mild.

This latest spell of milder weather is making me think of spring. Here's my first official spring flower, a little celandine in with the primulas. (I cans't count the winter flowering heathers because they are ..... winter flowers.) 
I was about to start my gardening when along came Patch, sporting a lot of dried on mud. I wonder what he was up to last night? Before I let him in the clean kitchen I gave him a brush over with  one of the brushes left over from my 'horse' days (only 20 years ago.)
The frogs in the little pond also think it's spring but it's hard to get a clear picture as I have to creep up the steps without them seeing me. Otherwise there are some hasty splashes as they all dive to the bottom of the pond. Peter surprised me by arriving home just as I was about to set off for work. He's been suffering from a nasty cold virus that is going around his work and his arthritis is playing up too. This damp weather and cold house are terrible for his arthritis. Roll on the summer.
I had a lovely afternoon with the reception children. For the last half an hour of the afternoon I take 5 or 6 children for a guided reading session which is such a joy to do. They are just beginning to read and we have a great time talking about the story and they help me read the simple text. They find it so funny when I forget where to start and their enthusiasm is infectious. They are only 4 years old but they know most of the sounds and can blend them to read new words as well as having a small vocabulary of sight words. Full stops go down well as the action for them is a punch to the flat of your hand, We did have a staff meeting after work but it was more of a workshop as we learnt to make different kinds of little folded books for the children to write in. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Anything but mild here. Right now it's 2 degrees F with lots of snow. But I had fun today playing outside in the snow. : )
Nice to see some greenery in your pictures.