Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 28 January 2014

Wet.

Lots of nasty cold rain today but it didn't stop me from putting a second coat of paint on the wall in the shelter. Next thing will be sorting out the underside of the roof and I have plans for that. I didn't have a lot of time in the morning to do things because instead of trying to get up as soon as possible after Peter leaves I've been getting a couple of extra hours sleep instead. That's because 5 or 6 hours sleep  a night is just not enough. Really I should focus on getting to sleep earlier but I've never been good at getting to sleep even before all my various twinges and I do like to unwind first with some Sudoku and then read for a while. After all that it takes me at least an hour to fall asleep. To get a full 8 hours sleep I would have to be asleep by 10.00! Still I will try getting to bed a bit earlier.
I had just arrived at school at lunchtime when the headteacher came in saying she had had a phone call. Cue looks of panic from everyone thinking it was the Ofsted phone call but it wasn't that, phew! However a couple of bods from the DOE were coming to have a look around. Most of the class teachers were going to be spending the afternoon meeting parents in the hall which couldn't be cancelled so it was up to the rest of us to ensure our visitors had a good impression of the school. I have to say that I thought my class did really well, they were able to say what they were learning (how to find information), and were able to tell some of the facts they had found out about Henry VIII. Naturally I had spoken to them earlier about being on their very best behaviour.
Once I had stuck the day's work into the children's topic books I paid a quick visit to the supermarket before heading for home. I had to stop at the top of the drive to pick up the recycling box (it was nearly dark but the camera has compensated and it was too wet to mess about with the manual settings). I was a bit annoyed to find the bungy rope which holds the lid on missing from my box. I did have a quick look along the road but it could hardly have blown away. The boxes don't have lids but as the plastic milk bottles in particular tend to blow away down the road  I had found a plastic lid and hooked it on with a bungy. I'll find a big stone instead and that can stay up there on the grass.

No comments: