Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 26 January 2014

Stormy.

It was a wild and stormy morning so apart from a sortie outside, well wrapped in waterproofs, to check on the dam and reinstate the dam on the other side of the road, we treated ourselves to a long lie-in listening to the rain lashing against the window. Peter is getting over his cold but now I'm .......... streaming and have been for the last few days. I'm sure you get the picture
We were determined to go for a walk whatever the conditions but the rain did stop and it was just howling winds for the rest of the day. The waves were rushing in at Woolacombe, far too rough for even the hardiest of surfers.
We got there at high tide and the sea was racing up into Barricane Beach.  Although we were sheltered from the worst of the wind down on the beach there was a continuous roar from the waves. I love it when it is so wild. 
It looks as if the beach is returning to its usual contours with all the big rocks that were visible last week being hidden under the sand once more. 
Every now and again the incoming waves would pick up the surface stones making them bounce about in the sea foam.  I was doing my bit to rearrange the beach stones by skimming stones to try and get them to jump across the water. Peter said they were just bouncing off the sand below but I got a couple to jump several times. 
We had time to drink some hot coffee with a slice of home-made fruit loaf before a passing shower sent us back to the car. 
Back home I went up and finished off that last patch of artex. I also had to clean up the side of the doorway there but basically the horrible work is done. I've still got to smooth out the wall a bit and then it can be painted. While I was doing that Peter was attempting to do some running repairs on my pc. It's still suffering from the many random items downloaded by other members of the family in the past. For the moment I've lost Skype which means I haven't had the chance to chat to Vytas. Currently they are sunning themselves on the beach in Bali.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Wow, love those stormy pictures.