Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 21 January 2014

Wet.

I went outside last night and could only say Wow! It was incredibly clear and the sky was filled with stars. I had to stay for a while and admire the magnificence up above. 
After a clear start to the night I thought we were in for an extra cold morning but instead the clouds were back and it was relatively mild. Once I had done my morning jobs I got ready to go outside and realised it was raining. But I still went up and hacked off more of the artex from the wall. I wiped the safety glasses with detergent which helped a bit with the steaming up problem. At least I wasn't working blind which is what has been happening up to now. The rain stopped enough for me to do some leaf clearing as well before going off to school. The rain is now back with a vengeance.
It has been such a gloomy day that I didn't take any photos. Instead here are some from Sally and Vytas' latest destinations, Borbudur and Prambanan (Central Java.) Much more interesting than anything I could have come up with.





2 comments:

happyone said...

I love clear nights like that. Since we have moved out here in the country we have many nights that we can actually see LOTS of stars.

Harriet said...

Magnificent photos...thank you Vytas and Sally and Ruta for sharing.