Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 24 January 2014

Rainy.

With the whole day at home and light but steady rainfall, (it got heavier later on), there was no option but to get on with chipping off the artex from the shelter wall. I'm sure it is stuck on a lot more firmly than the artex that was on the back wall where I made the mirror. I don't remember it being such hard work to get off when I did that wall back in the summer. The frogs in the little pond were happily croaking away in the pond and some of the birds seemed to be singing spring-time songs.
Last winter this bunch of daffodils on the stream bank were flowering just after Christmas (before the snow). This year everything is green but I'll have to wait a little longer for the flowers.
The lawn down by the stream is also green, bright green from all the moss growing in it. Perhaps the grass will spread now that I've cut down the overhanging branches that were shading that corner.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh my goodness, flowers springing up already. We have months yet before we see that here.