Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 25 January 2014

Windy.

We took the Micra down to SW Metals and sold it for scrap. (That's the boss' BMW on the left.) Poor little Micra but it has done me well for nearly 6 years so I can't complain. As well as the scrap value I can claim back 5 months road tax and we took off the new tyre that I bought last September. When we checked the spare tyre on the Pug the tread looked brand new but the walls of the tyre are all cracked. I'll have to take both tyres to the tyre place to swap over the hubs as the Pug only has 3 bolts on the hubs unlike every other car I've known which have 4 bolts. At least now I know how to wind down the cage thing which holds the spare wheel under the car.
The forecast was for sun and squalls but the wind has been more like gale strength. It wasn't raining so I could have got on with the scree garden but I now dislike chipping off the artex so much that I was determined to finish the job today. I didn't quite make it as it got too dark to see what I was doing but there is only about 1 sq ft left to do. I kept hoping that I would come to a spot where the artex would come off in great big pieces but it remains stubbornly stuck on and is only coming off inch by inch.
Earlier in the afternoon I was just checking FB, as you do, when I looked up and saw what I first thought were 2 deer in the woodland next door. On closer inspection the darker 'deer' turned out to be just an old gorse bush.


No comments: