Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 15 February 2018

All White.

Behold, a lovely white sitting room with all the contents of the cardboard boxes stowed away in the pine cupboard. Not quite an accurate picture as the corner behind me hasn't been painted yet. The exercise bike is on the left with just part of one of the legs in view. The room will 'shrink' next week as we are emptying the storage unit and a couple of bits of furniture will have go in the sitting room until we sort out what to do with them. When everything is settled we'll put some pictures up on the walls. I already know where the sword is going but as we've got the electrician coming next week to put a light in the loft I'll get him to check where the electrical wires are with one of those detector gadgets. Wires are supposed to go vertically to sockets and switches but you never know and some of the previous electrical work was distinctly shoddy.

Speedy likes being a town cat if it means spending the day sleeping on the sofa.
After hovering the floor I discovered quite a few spots of paint despite all the dust sheets and newspaper I'd put down while painting. So my next job was to wash/scrape off all those white specks. Then finally it was time to shift the TV so I could get to the corner behind. There I discovered a great tangle of wires. 
After removing the unnecessary wires (first consulting Peter), untangling and securing the excess lengths with wire ties the corner looked much tidier. I did have to unplug a couple of wires and later the Sky box wouldn't work. A quick prod at the connections and we were back to normal. After taking off the plastic conduit going up to the ceiling I found I had a number of screw holes to fill. That done I need to wait until tomorrow to begin painting.  I used the excess filler to fill in some holes in the hall wall. For a professional plaster the last owner did a rubbish job in own home. (The work he did at Dingles was fine.)
The morning had begun very wet after which we had blue skies with cold winds and then a couple of showers one just as I went out to do a little pressure washing. 
A pretty, soft sunset tonight.

1 comment:

happyone said...

What a difference with all those wires. Great job.
Speedy certainly looks at home there. : )