Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 14 February 2018

Wet.

Happy Valentine's Day.
This morning we exchanged cards and gifts to mark Valentine's Day. Peter knows he can never go wrong with a beautiful orchid and a box of Lindt D'or chocolates.
The day has been grey and wet but much warmer than recently. We seem to escape the ice and snow they keep talking about on the forecast. First thing I drove over to B&Q to buy paint for the sitting room as it is discount day. The roads and shops are noticeably busier than usual no doubt due to it being the half-term holiday. That means it is a whole year since I drove away from school determined to seek help for my situation. At the time I didn't realise how much the school had destroyed both my physical and mental health. Thanks to the doctor, physiotherapists, union rep, friends and family I'm now in a much better place and looking forward to the future.
The more expensive paint only needed one coat to complete the transformation of the sitting room walls (apart from the last corner). I used the time to carry on learning the words to Plovi Barko and made a start on Happy Together. That has more words but they are in English and the alto part has  repeated sounds for some of the verses. I couldn't move the contents of the boxes into the cupboard as I also painted the skirting boards with satin finish paint which won't be dry until tomorrow.

No comments: