Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 27 February 2018

Snow.

We woke this morning to a light sprinkling of snow. Luckily it has been dry for the last few days so there wasn't any ice on the roads and pavements. I had to walk up to the hospital to have a seven day heart monitor fitted and as I waited I could hear the receptionist getting calls from people who were either cancelling their appointments or saying they would be late. You would think we were under several feet of snow the amount of chaos being generated. One person phoned from the other side of town and said that the roads were gridlocked. Walking back from the hospital with good views of the hills around I could see any north facing fields were white while all the rest had returned to green. A sign that all around Dingles would be wintry white.
Back home I painted two small sections of kitchen wall by the sides of cupboards which only got  their first coat of paint yesterday. After that I pottered around tidying up etc.
I also sat in my warm study mending my trusty handbag. It's made of canvas and had frayed at a couple of points on the edges allowing the reinforcing plastic wire to break and stick out. I had to do a kind of darning job using sewing thread. Although I do have several handbags this one is my favourite as the strap is long enough to wear on the opposite shoulder and the bag is big enough for my camera. In fact I liked it so much that when my original bag wore out I bought the same one again on eBay. We had one brief shower of big fat snowflakes this afternoon and right now small specks of snow are wafting past my window.
Walking up to the hospital I had a view of the way out between the hills that for so many years had been my way home. Surprisingly it doesn't leave me regretting our move. I'm far too busy with plans for the garden here and looking onward to a future home nearer to the sea.

2 comments:

happyone said...

You have snow and we don't. : )
Ken had to wear one of those heart monitors too last year. A bit of a pain to wear.
I pray all goes well.

Harriet said...

I am so glad to read you don't regret your move. Far too many people do regret moving from 'home'. Home or the memories made there simply move with you. A 'new' home equates to many new experiences. Embracing the new is what makes it challenging and wonderful.