Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 12 February 2018

Showers.

Still bright and chilly today with the addition of frequent heavy showers. In the morning I drove over the bridge to post a parcel and get another tub of paint. I'm following the advice of a decorator friend and doing the first three coats with cheap paint and then using a better quality paint for the last one or two coats. The paint I got but the Post Office was another matter. Although my parcel was the right dimensions for the 'small parcel' rate it was a bit too heavy. Instead of the postage being just under £3 it would now be over £12! The post worker must have seen the confusion on my face and kindly suggested that if I split it into two parcels I would only need to pay the 'small parcel' rate for each. So back home I drove, repacked the parcel into two boxes and returned to the Post Office and sent them off.
With all that messing about I didn't begin painting until later in the afternoon. Yesterday I painted in fairly random blocks but today I worked more methodically painting strips from floor to ceiling. I would possibly go faster if I used a normal roller but I find it messy and harder to control. How I envied the decorators you see on television house renovation programmes working in empty rooms and using some sort of spray system. On the bright side I can still paint a room and can afford to buy paint which many people can't.
As I began my exercises with some gentle shoulder exercises with a resistance band I kept having to stop and take photos of the setting sun.  

 Every night is different.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Good idea to save some money. It is so expensive to mail things these days.
Beautiful skies.
We had some snow this morning but by afternoon it was sunny and the snow was gone.