Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 28 February 2018

More Snow.

Yesterday evening I was entranced by the sight of the setting sun shining through an approaching snow shower. I wasn't so thrilled when I opened the front door and had to walk to Pilates through a short blizzard. There were only two of us at first but then nearly everybody turned up for an energetic session. My monitor kept beeping as first one then another of the contacts came unstuck from my sweaty warm middle. I made do by jamming them into my waistband. The snow had stopped falling for the walk home but later on as we were watching tv we spotted falling snow in the light of the street lamp at the end of our garden.
This morning we woke to a light covering of snow. 
By this afternoon most of the snow had melted, probably much to the disappointment of many children.
I decided not to bother going over to B&Q today and instead made a start on sanding down the hall door frames. Well, I started by sanding but the emulsion that had been painted over gloss (who does that?) began to fall off in big flakes. I knew then that I needed to remove as much of the grey emulsion paint as possible. I started with the frame around the doorway into the sitting room which will be getting a door fitted eventually. I didn't quite get all of it done but a fair amount.
It was only when I looked at this photo of Patch on my chair that I noticed the apt picture behind him.  
The real colour of tonight's sunset was much pinker than this. Right now I can see yet more snow hanging in the air.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh no more snow!
Fantastic sky, looks like a fire.