Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 26 February 2018

Colder.

After watching the weather forecast this morning and seeing snow already falling in London (a mere 215 miles away) I realised that within the next days I would need to buy a bag of cat litter. Although the bags are not very big they are too heavy for me to carry home in a backpack. So off I drove to Lidl's and Asda to buy the cat litter and any other essentials that we might need for the rest of the week. News reports indicate that this cold spell might last for a while and there did seem to be more people shopping than usual for this time of the week. I called in at the dump to leave a large box of spanners and other tools we don't need and throw out a bag of rubbish from the garden. I've almost cleared the bags of plasterboard by putting a couple in the wheelie bin for each collection as there is a significant charge if you take them to the dump.
Once home I hung up another load of washing and then got with painting the final coat on the kitchen walls. Peter was coming round to the cream colour when he noticed something I hadn't spotted, the colour matches the painted garden wall. That's a designer's trick to increase perception of room size and to 'bring the outside in' which I had forgotten about. While I was painting I could smell the aroma of a hearty beef stew with root vegetables, pearl barley and lentils which Peter was making in the slow cooker.
I keep being distracted by a lovely sunset shining in through the window. Right now the clouds are fringed with liquid gold as the sun drops down below the last cloudbank.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Kitchen looking NICE and great to have those nice big windows.
That is indeed a lovely sky!!