Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 23 February 2018

Sunny.

It has been bright and sunny today with an icy wind blowing which made me look forward eagerly to being able to hang out my washing. However it is far to cold to be mixing up cement so the washing line posts will have to wait. Instead I took a screwdriver and drill to the balustrade. What a difference removing that has made.
Peter gave me a hand to drill into the wall to put up my sword, Anduril and I also hung up a map of Middle Earth above the radiator. I wouldn't like to risk the heat damaging an original art work though I might select one or two pieces for the other wall. 
All the bright sunshine flooding into the sitting room showed that there were a few sections of wall that could do with another coat of paint. I started off painting the corner behind the tv, carried on and ended up painting the whole room apart from behind the big cupboard. It's amazing how much bigger the room looks now that the fake wall over the radiator has been taken out and the gloomy grey replaced with snowy white.  
This evening we went to the church hall/cinema to watch Dad's Army film. We weren't sure how it would work with the original cast members being so familiar but the voices were spot on and there was some resemblance to the overall look of the actors. It was a pleasant film with plenty of comic moments making for an enjoyable evening. There weren't so many people in the audience possibly due to the cold weather. The forecast says that with wind chill tomorrow will feel like -8C and it will carry on getting colder at least to the beginning of next week.

No comments: