Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 5 February 2018

Cold.

It felt very cold today with the lowest temperatures of the winter forecast from tonight with snow for the north of the country and possibly down as far as here. I needed to go to the bank so I walked into town and on my return journey the sun was shining so I took some photos along Pilton Street. 
 Some of alms houses still being used as homes for the elderly of the parish.
As I walked along Pilton Street I couldn't help wondering what it was like when many of these properties were thriving shops.  Now it is much quieter, apart from Green Man Day, with two pubs, a fish and chip shop, an Indian take-away, a florist and a hairdresser. Even in my time the tea rooms, Post office/newsagent and greengrocer have all closed down. Not surprising with the High Street a short walk away and of course all the usual big stores a short drive away.
 More alms houses.

In town I went into Wilko's and naturally had to check out the last of the Christmas reductions. The price on the shelf was 10p per item but when I got to the checkout they were 1p each. I make that a 98.75% reduction. I would have bought more of the robin gift tags but that was the only one I could find.

At home I finished pressure washing the top level decking. Once it dries it goes a lot lighter and also I'll be glad that the decking is no longer dangerously slippery. I shall continue doing a small amount each day to avoid water collecting by the conservatory. I've put the plants on the paving for the time being so that it'll be easier when the remodelling/repairs get done. 
Yet another lovely sunset to tempt my eye.

3 comments:

happyone said...

I'd love to take a walk down your village streets.

Harriet said...

Thanks, Ruta, for the lovely walk. I enjoyed your photos very much! Your bargains are great.

Model Pintu Kayu Jati said...

furniture jepara

partisi dan penyekat ruangan

tempat tidur tingkat

Meja Belajar Minimalis

Tempat Tidur Tingkat Anak

lemari pakaian