Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 13 February 2018

Mixed.

The morning was grey and very wet and in contrast the afternoon was bright and sunny. I carried on with painting the sitting room and already it looks so much better. I've also been using the time spent painting to begin learning the words of some of the songs we sing in the choir. As a newbie I chose not sing at the last concert (taking part in concerts is entirely one's own choice as this is a choir without judgement) as I only knew the words of two songs. At the end of the month we are holding a concert at the rugby club where we meet every week. I'll sing in that one so I need to learn the words of a few more songs. Today I downloaded the alto parts of some songs onto my MP3 so that I could sing as I painted. Nearly got the words of Plovi Barko a very sweet song. Singing in unknown languages is something I'm used to from childhood, Latin at my convent boarding school and Lithuanian (of which I only have a small grasp) at numerous cultural and/or boozy events.
The front garden gets the afternoon sun and there are a few primroses appearing. Although many front gardens here are planted up so far there is only one brave daffodil actually flowering. 
The main flowerbed in our front garden is mainly green from celandines and the anti-cat holly with new spikes of montbretia and a few daffodil shoots. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

What a lovely and beautiful song that is. Thanks for the link.